Sharper Image Turbo-Groomer 5.0 Nose Hair Trimmer
3... 2... 1... Ignition... Blast-Off!!!
And we have lift off of the Sharper Image Turbo-Groomer 5.0 Nose Hair Trimmer (SI639PLT) on this beautiful April 4th, 2007.
- First cutting head has rotary blades that whirl at 6,000 rpm to neatly and comfortably trim away unsightly hair from the nose and inside the ears to 1/16th of an inch.
- Two Ice White LED lights eliminate shadows to help ensure nothing is missed.
- The second interchangeable head is like a mini clipper that's designed to remove unwanted hair on the ear's outer edge. It also deftly trims eyebrows, mustaches, beards and sideburns.
- A unique waterproof seal makes cleanup a breeze: Just switch on and rinse the running blades in water after each use.
- Platinum-finish body measures 7" long. Runs on 2 C batteries (order separately); a stack of five cool blue LEDs indicate battery strength.
If you've been reading this blog you may have caught my disappointing review of the Panasonic ER421KC Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer. Recently my luck with the Panasonic got even worse. I dropped it, and several pieces of obviously important plastic went in all directions. So now I'm on the market for a new nose hair trimmer, and there's a certain time pressure on me. See, I could use a trim.
But 2 C batteries? How big is this thing? And $39.95 for a nose hair trimmer? Seems like a steep price to pay, though if this pocket rocket lasts 7 years like my previous Braun then honestly I think it's worth it. Anyone have any recommendations? This one or others?
Read More in: Electric Shaving
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Shaving Stuff for all the latest news.
Posted by Russell Neufeld at April 4, 2007 8:04 AM
I have had one of these for many years now. since it first came out. must be more than six or seven years. i can't remember when I got it...its been that long. It works great until recently. The blades are in need of replacing ..and thats how i found myself here. its more expensive but you get what you pay for in this case.
We received everything under the sun for our wedding, so for some of the gift certificates I started getting a little silly. I went with 'his & hers' nose hair trimmers from Sharper Image - albeit a previous version. They were things of beauty, until I opened the cap and noticed HAIR in one of the blades. I wasn't sure if this was a returned item, or SI had one hell of a Quality Control Department and each trimmer was personally, ahem, tested, before being sent out. Customer Service was mortified, but I couldn't stop laughing.