Turn Your Favorite Song into a Mustache: Mustachiness
There's more to the connection between moustaches and music than the 70s, and with Mustachiness, you can see your favorite song displayed as a moustache:
How the Mustache-otron Works: For each song, the peak loudness per segment is pulled from the echonest audio analysis to create the wave form. The following factors determine the mustaches final look in a very scientifical fashion:
- Curviness - Curves occur when high loudness deltas are detected
- Thickness - Mean loudness
- Divot - (aka gap in the middle) hotness of the song
- Direction - Up = higher energy; Down = lower energy
- Curl - Dancability * energy
- Color - Energy of the song. Lower energy is darker
The moustache at the top of this post is "Stairway to Heaven", in case you were wondering.
Head over to Mustachiness and make your own musical mo'!
Read More in: Moustaches
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Shaving Stuff for all the latest news.
Posted by Derek Markham at November 11, 2011 12:47 PM